ANYWAY. It felt very fitting today, so HERE WE GO.
What I’m Reading:
So, I burned through Wake, the first book in the series, and then read Fade (book #2) in an afternoon. I jumped into Gone that night and realized… Once I finish this, I’ll have to say goodbye to Janie and Cabel, and I’m not ready for that… So, I haven’t read for the past two nights. Maybe I’ll finish tonight. Maybe. What’s cool about these books is that I generally stay away from series, but I trust Allie so I jumped in. I LOVE these books. Cool premise. FAB voice. FAB.
Warning on the series: Reading books about someone who jumps into people’s dreams, can make for strange dreams…
What I’m writing:
1. I just turned a paranormal psycho-twisted retelling into my agent that I wrote w/ the fabulously talented (and amazing world-builder) Allie Brennan. WHEW! Feels great to have it out of my hands for a while… Now to hope Jane loves it.
2. Instead of taking a break from writing after turning my MS in, I jumped into one of the two manuscripts that I’ve jumped in and out of during my collab writings. I’ve probably written four endings for the book I’m working on – like from midpoint… SO many lost words and scenes and feels…lol. BUT I changed to 3rd person, started over, and I’m FLYING through it, which feels…amazing.
Other stuff I’m up to:
I had two realizations this past week.
1. I’m teaching on a panel at the AWP writer’s conference in LESS THAN A MONTH. I’m nervous-excited about this. Also, it’ll feel great to be in Seattle for a few days 😀
2. The Summer I Found You comes out in ONE MONTH. This is my most exciting book release. It’s my first “in bookstores everywhere” book that’s a solo project. And I’ll get to pet the pretty hardback…
3. I’m pretty sure this part of the post should be non-writing stuff, but this week, the writing stuff sorta took over…
What have you been up to?